Workshop #1 - Infection Prevention and Control in Foot Care Nurse Practices
*Registration is currently closed.
Total CEU's: Participants will receive a 'certificate of attendance' listing 5 hours of professional development.
Infection Prevention and Control in FCN Practices is the first workshop in our new Series of 5 Skills Workshops. This hands-on workshop will provide each participant the opportunity to reprocess foot care instruments with the use of autoclaves, ultrasonic cleaners, biological indicators, chemical indicators, sterile pouches and incubators in order to meet best practices using "sterile from point of use" standards and guidelines.
- Dates to be announced soon.
- Locations across Canada will be announced soon.
- Each participant must be a nurse with a full license from their governing nursing body.
Early bird registration fees are outlined below and include all equipment and PPE's required for the workshop. Meals not included.
- $345 ($300 + tax) - Regular registration (nurses)
** Spaces are filled on a first registered, first served basis. A wait list will be maintained for any nurse wishing to register after the program maximum has been reached. Additional workshop dates may be offered depending on interest.
Accepted methods of payment are e-transfer and money order. There is an additional processing fee of $50.00 + tax for payment by money order. Direct deposit may be available if your workshop fee is being paid by an employer or sponsoring organization. Note that we do not accept credit cards. For more information about why we do not accept credit cards, please visit our Q & A page. Details on how to proceed with payment will be provided in your workshop acceptance email. Please wait to receive your acceptance email prior to sending any funds.
Refund, Workshop Cancellation Policy
Should you wish to withdraw, note that fees received is non-refundable as activities and expenses were made on your behalf from the date of receipt.
Participants unable to attend as planned due to extenuating circumstances, may be able to defer to the next available Kingston Series of 5 Workshop on a standby basis, subject to a re-entry fee and approval from Foot Care Kingston's Director. Participants who are on standby are not guaranteed a space in the workshop. Participants on standby will be contacted shortly before the workshop start date, should a space be available.
Should Foot Care Kingston cancel the workshop due to low enrollment or any other unexpected reason, participants will be informed and will receive a full refund.
- A name tag will be provided and is to be worn at all times.
- Scrubs/uniforms, closed toe and heel shoes, hair up, off shoulders and face.
- Bring your smile! You will have lots of fun learning new skills.
- 8:45 am - Registration
- 9:00 am - Introductions
- 9:15 - 9:45 am - Best Practices in Setting Up Reprocessing Rooms
- 10:15 am - 12:15 pm - Nurses will participate in the following sessions:
- Purchasing IPAC Instruments and Supplies
- IPAC Auditing Tools
- 12:15 - 1:15 pm - Lunch
- 1:15 - 3:45 pm - Nurses will participate in the following sessions:
- Pre-Cleaning Instruments Techniques
- How to Use and Maintain an Autoclave
- 4:00 - 4:30 pm - Q & A