Foot Care Nurse Preceptor Course
The Foot Care Nurse Preceptor (FCN PREC) course provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to assist an Educator for the clinical and mentorship portion of a Foot Care Nurse course. This comprehensive course explores adult learning theory, assessment and teaching principles. The curriculum is based on current Best Practice Guidelines and evidence-based practice, including the Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses’ National Competencies for Advanced Nursing Foot Care in Canada (2017) and the WHO Nurse Educator Core Competencies (2016).
The FCN PREC course is offered online and designed for students to complete at their own pace. Assessment of the student’s comprehension for each module will be conducted through multiple choice evaluations.
Prior to registering for the FCN PREC course, all prospective students are encouraged to read the FCN PREC Course Outline for information on course prerequisites and complete course details.
2018 FCN PREC Course Dates
- October 16, 2018 to November 27, 2018 (Early bird deadline October 2, 2018)
2019 FCN PREC Course Dates
- January 29, 2019 to March 12, 2019 (Early bird deadline January 8, 2019)
- April 23, 2019 to June 4, 2019 (Early bird deadline April 9, 2019)
- June 18 - July 30, 2019 (Early bird deadline June 4, 2019)
- October 15, 2019 to November 26, 2019 (Early bird deadline October 1, 2019)
- Tuition for Ontario nurses = $565.00 *early bird fee ($500.00 + 13% HST $65.00).
- Nurses from across Canada are welcome to apply. The early bird tuition of $500.00 + applicable tax applies to all students taking this course.
- Tuition for Ontario nurses = $581.95.00 *early bird fee ($515.00 + 13% HST $66.95).
- Nurses from across Canada are welcome to apply. The early bird tuition of $515.00 + applicable tax applies to all students taking this course.
*Tuition paid after the early bird deadline will be an additional $150.00 + tax.
Accepted methods of payment are e-transfer and money order. Direct deposit may be available if tuition is being paid by an employer or sponsoring organization. Note that we do not accept credit cards. For more information about why we do not accept credit cards, please visit our Q & A page. Details on how to proceed with payment will be provided in your course acceptance email. Please wait to receive your acceptance email prior to sending any funds.
There is no minimum enrollment for the FCN PREC course, however there is a maximum of 10 students per session. Spaces are filled on a first come, first served basis.