Foot Care Nurse Educator Course
The FCNEd course provides participants with the knowledge and skills necessary to teach the clinical and mentorship portion of a Foot Care Nurse course. This comprehensive course explores lesson and event planning, presentation skills, marketing, and health and safety. It also provides an overview of small business practice. The curriculum is based on current Best Practice Guidelines and evidence-based practice, including the Canadian Association of Foot Care Nurses’ National Competencies for Advanced Nursing Foot Care in Canada (2017) and the WHO Nurse Educator Core Competencies (2016).
The FCNEd course is offered online and designed for students to complete at their own pace. Each of the five course sections includes an exercise and a section evaluation to be completed by the student. The course also includes two video practical components to be submitted electronically.
Prior to registering for the FCNEd course, all prospective students are encouraged to read the FCNEd Course Outline for information on course prerequisites and complete course details.
2018 FCNEd Course Dates
- *POSTPONED* October 2, 2018 to December 4, 2018 (Early bird deadline September 18, 2018)
* This course is in development and has been postponed to the Winter 2019 session to provide the necessary time to finalize the curriculum.
2019 FCNEd Course Dates
- January 22 – March 26, 2019 (Early bird deadline January 8, 2019)
- October 1 – December 3, 2019 (Early bird deadline September 17, 2019)
- Tuition for Ontario nurses = $858.80 ($760.00 + 13% HST $98.80).
- Nurses from across Canada are welcome to apply. The tuition rate of $760.00 + applicable tax applies to all students taking this course.
*Tuition paid after the early bird deadline will be an additional $150.00 + tax.
Accepted methods of payment are e-transfer and money order. Direct deposit may be available if tuition is being paid by an employer or sponsoring organization. Note that we do not accept credit cards. For more information about why we do not accept credit cards, please visit our Q & A page. Details on how to proceed with payment will be provided in your course acceptance email. Please wait to receive your acceptance email prior to sending any funds.
There is no minimum enrollment for the FCNEd course, however there is a maximum of 10 students per session. Spaces are filled on a first come, first served basis.