Providing nursing foot care courses since 1993
Foot Care Kingston is an approved education provider through the Nursing Education Initiative at the RPNAO/RNAO and the Department of Veteran's Affairs' (DVA) Blue Cross program for basic, advanced and diabetic foot care providers.
Two Decades of Course Development:
With every year, we strive to improve our course and course materials.
Cindy Lazenby RN, Foot Care Nurse Educator, director, author and owner of Foot Care Kingston, and associates, have trained over 3500 nurses across Canada since 1993! Please feel free to check out Cindy's professional highlights on our website at: Cindy Lazenby RN Educator & Program Coordinator
Since 2003, Community Colleges and Universities from across Canada, provincial, territorial and national government departments and organizations have sought out our expertise to design and deliver customized foot care programs, including using our peer reviewed 1st-5th Editions - Foot Care Nurse Management (2003-20013) - textbook, and more recently, a completely new multi-authored and peer reviewed textbook the "Art & Science of Foot Care: A Clinical Resource for Nurses in Canada" (2015) [lead author is Cindy Lazenby], as an educator and student resource when delivering their own courses. These programs continuously evolve in response to participant/colleague feedback and available/emerging Clinical and Best Practice Guidelines (BPG).
We are strongly invested in fostering networking and continuing education among foot care professionals. The following program is scheduled to begin in 2016:
- The Foot Care Nurse (FCN) Program introduces nurses to basic, advanced and diabetic nursing foot care. This course is designed for nurses new to foot care and also is geared for experienced foot care nurses to challenge themselves in refreshing their knowledge and skills at an intermediate level.
- Part 1: 11 online assignments and 11 pre-recorded webinars which can be completed from the nurse's home computer or their place of work.
- Part 2: Part 1 is the prerequisite.The nurse completes their mentorship and clinical portions of the course in a central location with a Foot Care Nurse Educator. There are different locations available across Canada.
We independently delivery our programs, which allows Foot Care Kingston great flexibility to customize and upgrade the program's offerings to meet the needs of today's busy Canadian nurses and agencies who require more flexible and user-friendly continuing education options.
Our Goals, Missions and Values
- Our Goal: We want to help foster links between foot care professionals and assist in the development of a strong and knowledgeable foot care community. Interested individuals are welcome to join us in this endeavour.
- Our Mission: Provide accessible, up to date and sustainable foot care nurse training programs that recognize provincial and national guidelines and standards of nursing care.
- Our Core Value: Recognize that a dedicated, co-operative team of foot care nurse educators from across Canada can drive change through partnerships and by working together in order to inspire innovation in foot care nurse education.