Foot Care Kingston is an approved education provider through the Nursing Education Initiative at the RPNAO/RNAO and the Department of Veteran's Affairs' (DVA) Blue Cross program for basic, advanced and diabetic foot care providers.
Cindy Lazenby RN, Foot Care Nurse Educator, coordinator, author and owner of Foot Care Kingston, and associates, have trained over 3000 nurses across Canada since 1993! Please feel free to check out Cindy's professional highlights on our website at: Cindy Lazenby RN Educator & Program Coordinator
Since 2003, Community Colleges and Universities from across Canada, provincial, territorial and national government departments and organizations have sought out our expertise to design and deliver customized foot care programs, including using our peer reviewed 5th Edition 2013 Foot Care Nurse Management textbook, as an educator and student resource when delivering their own courses. These programs continuously evolve in response to participant/colleague feedback and available/emerging Clinical and Best Practice Guidelines (BPG).
We are strongly invested in fostering networking and continuing education among foot care professionals. The following are just a couple of our programs which we have designed and currently deliver:
- The Foot Care Nurse (FCN) Program introduces nurses to basic, advanced and diabetic nursing foot care with options to complete your clinical in:
- Kingston, Ontario (location tba)
- Victoria, BC at Camosun College: http://camosun.ca/
- The Foot Care Nurse Educator (FCNEd) Program teaches experienced foot care nurses how to share their knowledge with others in the field.
- The Webinar of the Month Club offers continuing education to experienced foot care nurses with monthly taped webinars.
- The Refresher Program offers an in-depth foot care nurse refresher and added skills program for experienced foot care nurses.
We strive for continuous quality improvement and update new editions regularly, so the next
6th Edition of the textbook is expected in 2015 with all newly designed anatomy illustrations by a professional medical illustrator. The lead author Cindy Lazenby will be inviting guest authors and educators to contribute by offering their expertise to peer review and offer revisions to each chapter. Highlights of the updates in the 6th edition will be more focus on interdisciplinary teams, foot care in remote communities, nurses working within their full scope of practice, a pan-Canadian review of current practices, standards and guidelines for reprocessing instruments, nursing foot care, validated foot care risk stratification forms, high risk assessment forms, care plan forms, wound care, private practice and all body system.
We independently delivery our programs, which allows Foot Care Kingston great flexibility to customize and upgrade the program's offerings to meet the needs of today's busy Canadian nurses and agencies who require more flexible and user-friendly continuing education options.
Our Goals, Missions and Values
- Our Goal: We want to help foster links between foot care professionals and assist in the development of a strong and knowledgeable foot care community. Interested individuals are welcome to join us in this endeavour.
- Our Mission: Provide accessible, up to date and sustainable foot care nurse training programs that recognize provincial and national guidelines and standards of nursing care.
- Our Core Value: Recognize that a dedicated, co-operative team of foot care nurse educators from across Canada can drive change through partnerships and by working together in order to inspire innovation in foot care nurse education.
Two Decades of Course Development
With every year, we strive to improve our course and course materials. Read our History
to see how we've continuously improved the course to better meet the needs of nurses and make the best use of available technology for our courses.