Providing nursing foot care courses since 1993
Foot Care Kingston is an approved education provider through the Nursing Education Initiative at the RPNAO/RNAO and the Department of Veteran's Affairs' (DVA) Blue Cross program for basic, advanced and diabetic foot care providers.
We are strongly invested in fostering networking and continuing education among foot care professionals.
The following are just a couple of our programs:
Cindy Lazenby RN, Foot Care Nurse Educator, coordinator, author and owner of Foot Care Kingston, and associates, have trained over 3000 nurses across Canada since 1993! We develop and teach Nursing Foot Care programs. These programs continuously evolve in response to participant/colleague feedback and available/emerging Clinical and Best Practice Guidelines (BPG).
Since 2003, our Foot Care Nurse Management manual has been used by thousands of foot care nurses and several educators, universities and colleges from across Canada as a best practice nursing foot care manual for continuing education courses, as we strive for continuous quality improvement and update new editions regularly. The latest 5th Edition was written in 2013.
The next edition of the manual is expected in 2015 with all newly designed anatomy illustrations by professional medical illustrator Pascale Cherry. Also expected are updates in BPGs for reprocessing instruments, nursing foot care guidelines, new foot care risk stratification forms, revised assessment forms, new implementation forms, revamped wound care chapter, revamped private practice chapter and an expanded A & P chapter listing each body system and relating to your foot care practice.
Experienced Education Team
- Foot Care Kingston's highly qualified and experienced team independently administers and provides 2 online foot care nurse programs which include a clinical and an educator program.
- Our team live in different parts of Canada consisting of foot care nurse educators, an education consultant, a medical illustrator and a technical writer.
- Our independent delivery of the program allows Foot Care Kingston great flexibility to customize and upgrade the program's offerings to meet the needs of today's busy Canadian nurses who require more flexible and user-friendly continuing education options.
- We also partner and collaborate with educational institutions from across Canada, such as community colleges, universities, and institutes to provide customized in-class nursing foot care programs.
Our Goals, Missions and Values
- Our Goal: We want to help foster links between foot care professionals and assist in the development of a strong and knowledgeable foot care community. Interested individuals are welcome to join us in this endeavour.
- Our Mission: Provide accessible, up to date and sustainable foot care nurse training programs that recognize provincial and national guidelines and standards of nursing care.
- Our Core Value: Recognize that a dedicated, co-operative team of foot care nurse educators from across Canada can drive change through partnerships and by working together in order to inspire innovation in foot care nurse education.
Two Decades of Course Development
With every year, we strive to improve our course and course materials. Read our History
to see how we've continuously improved the course to better meet the needs of nurses and make the best use of available technology for our courses.